Quebec sculptor, painter and illustrator, Charles Daudelin was born on October 1, 1920, in Granby and died on April 2, 2001, in Kirkland. Between 1930 and 1941, he worked at Gilles Beaugrand's workshop while studying at École du meuble de Montréal. During his stay in Paris in the mid 1940's, Charles Daudelin got to know Fernand Léger (whom he met while attending his workshop in New York) as well as Henri Laurens, another famous sculptor. From 1964 to 1968, he taught at École des beaux-arts de Montréal. Charles Daudelin was the first artist to integrate art into public space creating many sculptures such as the ones for the Ottawa National Arts Centre, the Complexe G in Québec City, the Montréal courthouse, the fountain of the Prince Edward Island provincial government building in Charlottetown and the Théâtre Maisonneuve foyer at Place des Arts in Montréal. His other works include the design of Saint-Jean church in Pointe-Saint-Charles and Saint-Thomas d'Aquin church in Saint-Lambert, liturgical objects in bronze, the altarpiece of the Sacré-C'ur chapel of Notre Dame Basilica in Montréal, the artistic design of the Mont-Royal metro station in Montréal and the fountain of Place du Québec in Paris. Charles Daudelin has a permanent installation at the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec (MNBAQ), in recognition of his major contribution to visual arts in Québec.
Top of page
Please take note that from now on, there will be fees applied to artwork appraisals for insurance purposes.
10 am to 6 pm